[Lazarus] Lazarus cannot debug after Raspbian upgrade

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 10:17:51 CEST 2016

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 03:54:32 +0100, Martin Frb <lazarus at mfriebe.de>
wrote:

>Sorry but at this stage I dont have any more than those (wild) guesses.

Well, that is even more than I have at the moment...
Thanks for your interest and contribution!

Note that not all Lazarus projects are affected by this.

The project I am looking at, which prompted me to update Raspbian, was
supplied by a person at the fpc list in regard to controlling the
hardware on an RPi from Pascal. Apparently there is an improvement in
the access possibilities for the GPIO functionality in the latest
Raspbian where one can even connect via the network and switch on/off
outputs and read inputs.
The provider had ported some C code library to FreePascal and claims
that it is now very simple to access the GPIO even via the network.

Since I am programming the Pi using rather much of the GPIO to control
relays and stuff I was interested in testing it out, but first it
would not build because of the lack of the support functions in my
Raspbian version and after the update it builds but would not start
due to the gdb problems.
I still can use my old code going directly to memgpio to switch the
relays, though, so it is no showstopper.

I probably will not spend much more time on this now since I am soon
away for a week-long trip.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden