[Lazarus] Refactoring functionality is broken

Thu Jun 2 18:10:52 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm using Lazarus 1.7 r52282 FPC 2.6.4 x86_64-linux-gtk2.  None of the
refactoring functionality seems to be working in my copy of Lazarus. Not
sure if this was a known issue and already fixed, but I thought I would
mention it here, in case this issue went unnoticed.

I tried "Make resourcestring" and "Extract procedure". Both got halfway
with the refactoring - by that I mean the string constant got replaced
with the resource string name, but the actual resource string variable
never got defined. In the case of the Extract Procedure, a similar thing
happened. The selected code got replaced with the new procedure name,
but the actual procedure never got defined.

In both cases I received an error (see attached screenshot), and then
the editor highlighting went totally out of whack. I had to close down
Lazarus, restore my code from the code repository and then start Lazarus
again. Needless to say, I didn't attempt any further refactoring.

I think the only refactoring that does work on my system is "Rename
Identifier" - but that is probably because it is the simplest
refactoring of the available options - equivalent to a Search & Replace.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/