[Lazarus] Refactoring functionality is broken
mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk
Thu Jun 2 18:10:52 CEST 2016
I'm using Lazarus 1.7 r52282 FPC 2.6.4 x86_64-linux-gtk2. None of the
refactoring functionality seems to be working in my copy of Lazarus. Not
sure if this was a known issue and already fixed, but I thought I would
mention it here, in case this issue went unnoticed.
I tried "Make resourcestring" and "Extract procedure". Both got halfway
with the refactoring - by that I mean the string constant got replaced
with the resource string name, but the actual resource string variable
never got defined. In the case of the Extract Procedure, a similar thing
happened. The selected code got replaced with the new procedure name,
but the actual procedure never got defined.
In both cases I received an error (see attached screenshot), and then
the editor highlighting went totally out of whack. I had to close down
Lazarus, restore my code from the code repository and then start Lazarus
again. Needless to say, I didn't attempt any further refactoring.
I think the only refactoring that does work on my system is "Rename
Identifier" - but that is probably because it is the simplest
refactoring of the available options - equivalent to a Search & Replace.
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
My public PGP key: http://tinyurl.com/graeme-pgp
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Screenshot at 2016-06-02 15:49:06.png
Size: 9278 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Lazarus