[Lazarus] Quick Modern Object Pascal Introduction, for Programmers

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 18:50:23 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

Over the last few days, I wrote a document describing many features of
the modern Object Pascal language. It is available on:

http://michalis.ii.uni.wroc.pl/~michalis/modern_pascal_introduction/modern_pascal_introduction.html

http://michalis.ii.uni.wroc.pl/~michalis/modern_pascal_introduction/modern_pascal_introduction.pdf

The document covers the easy language concepts, and then jumps quickly
into more "advanced" stuff, like class references, generics, class
helpers and so on. I hope that this is informative:)

This is directed at programmers (who know a bit of some programming
language, though not necessarily Pascal). Which is really an excuse to
not explain in detail some basic stuff ("what is a variable", "what is
a class"). I tried to explain more the "advanced" stuff, and
illustrate everything with examples.

The source code is in AsciiDoc and available on GitHub
https://github.com/michaliskambi/modern-pascal-introduction . All
comments are welcome:)

P.S. I already posted about this on fpc-pascal mailing list, I'm
posting also here --- I hope that this is useful:)

Regards,
Michalis