[Lazarus] Quick Modern Object Pascal Introduction, for Programmers

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 01:37:18 CEST 2016

> Also, as a Linux user, the instructions to modify the "sudoers" (to
> never ask for password), and then run the CodeTyphon with "sudo" are
> kind of a show-stopper. Running with "sudo" is something you should
> never do with an IDE... And it's certainly absolutely not required for
> vanilla FPC or Lazarus.

Sorry, reading the instructions closer -- it seems you only need to
run "sudo codetyphon" to update it, not for regular usage. Well,
that's still rather bad (together with the description to modify
sudoers) and should not be necessary (it would be nice to be able to
install it for current user, without sudo, not system wide). Although
it's not as scary as I made it out to be above:)

Regards,
Michalis