[Lazarus] Form Resizing

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 10:08:36 CET 2016

On Tue, 01 Mar 2016 17:39:53 +0100, zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net> wrote:

>On 03/01/2016 05:32 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> Either that fix is not part of that revision or the fix does not work.
>
>Maybe I've wrongly connected this thread and issue
>http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29563 in my head. So if you have
>any issue about form sizing with gtk2 then please: point me to the right
>issue at the bug tracker, or open new one with example project.

I don't know how to raise bugs, and I cannot pinpoint the reason for a
particular bug either (internal code or operating system widgetsets
etc).

However I do know how to make it happen:
1) Install Raspbian Jessie on a Raspberry Pi2 unit
2) Install FreePascal 3.0.0 on same
3) Check out Lazarus 1.6 release from svn and make bigide
4) Start Lazarus and set the fpc source path etc
5) Now the default project appears (empty form 240x360 pixels)
6) Add a button and put ShowMessage('Hello world*) into the clock
event (not really needed but will show that the program works).
7) Start the program running
8) Try to grab the border and resize, will only make the form bigger
and not smaller.

I have tried this on 1.6RC2, 1.6 release and trunk rev 52768 and they
all work the same.
In fact one does not even need to compile the default project, the
Lazarus IDE is likewise afflicted. Cannot reduce width of Object
Inspector, Code editor or the main top window. Only possible to make
them bigger.

I have not installed Lazarus from any downloadable binary, always
compiled via make bigide.

I do not know what widgetset Raspbian Jessie uses but it has been
suggested it is gtk2, others may know better. I am not a Linux master
by a long stretch...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden