[Lazarus] ActiveX in Lazarus and classic ASP

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Fri Mar 18 16:35:03 CET 2016

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> By studying ActiveX maybe ?

ActiveX is a Microsoft technology. Only study it does not mean that
you can implement
using FPC — I'm not saying does't possible — or it will be simple to implement.

See the Delphi 7 implementation.
The units below are needed to create a simple ActiveX class:

ComObj, ActiveX, AspTlb, StdVcl;

> Maybe I was a bit short on details in my reply :-)
>
> Yes, you can of course write a wizard that does all this. It's just
> generating text, after all.

Code is about text, after all. :)

I do not need a Wizard at all, just wondering if there is some
documentation to create an
ActiveX in the same way that Delphi 7 does.

Code like below is not about the ActiveX technology, but how Delphi
implemented this
technology:

  IFooClass = interface;
  IFooClassDisp = dispinterface;

  CreateComObject(CLASS_FooClass) as IFooClass;

  CreateRemoteComObject(MachineName, CLASS_FooClass) as IFooClass;

Doesn't matter, for me, if the code will be created by hand or by a
Wizard. But I would
like to know if this technology was fully implemented and documented.
Do you know?

Regards,
Marcos Douglas