[Lazarus] LCL exports CC-licensed icons to every LCL application

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 12:18:26 CET 2016

Ondrej, what is the fuzz about icons now?
No author of icons has complained. The famfam icons are free anyway.
Lazarus project acknowledges their origin and thus does not violate
anything.
Yes, all applications using LCL must acknowledges them, too, but it
should not be a problem. It is just one line of text somewhere. We can
emphasize its importance in a ReadMe file or somewhere. No big deal...

For some reason this reminds me of the war against CodeTyphon. Some
people used any excuse to attack them and/or Lazarus developers. It
went out of proportions completely, and the fundamental ideas of open
source were turned upside down in the process.

Your icon crusade is going out of proportions, too. Are you really
going to break the IDE with an IFDEF?
Does it mean everybody must explicitly acknowledge famfam icons before
he gets a working IDE.

Juha