[Lazarus] Feature Request: Disable/clear the "Recent files" and "Recent projects" lists

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Mar 29 18:53:28 CEST 2016

On 29/03/2016 17:19, Dmitry Boyarintsev wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 12:15 PM, Martin Frb <lazarus at mfriebe.de
> <mailto:lazarus at mfriebe.de>> wrote:
>
>     If 0 currently means unlimited, then:
>     1) a new value is needed for unlimited
>     2) the configfile version must be increased, so the config reader
>     knows according to the version what 0 means.
>

> So why to change IDE instead of an IDE plugin?
>
> This question bothers me all the time. Despite of the fact there's a
> decent plugin API (IDEIntf), a lot of changes are making into IDE itself.

In general I agree, many thinks can be done as plugin.

In this case, I think:

part 1 is an actual bug in the current implementation. If I reduce "max
recent procject" from 10 to 1, then the list will still display 10. That
is wrong. It should be cut to 1. But it will only be cut, if I open a
new project (via the open dialog).

part 2 is a feature. It could go in a plugin (assuming IdeIntf allows
access to all needed functions).
And then it can not use the current spin edit, but instead must have a
checkbox. Or always active if installed.

Not sure how practical that is in this case. A plugin could probably
hide the menu entry. So that would be possible. Not sure if it can (with
current IdeIntf) prevent the values from being written to the config file.