[Lazarus] Feature Request: Insert {codepage UTF8} per default

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:03:48 CEST 2016

On 3/30/16, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> LCL applications nowadays use CP_UTF8 as default. We (laz team) tested
> adding
> -FcUTF8 and it failed in too many cases. Also it adds some overhead. So we
> decided to *not* add it by default.

The IDE at least runs fine (in my locale on Windows) with -FcUTF8.
(I have it there because I build all my projects with this define,
because almost all of them contain some strings with diacritics)

I'm too lazy just yet to insert proper codepage defines in the relevant places.

Curious though: in what scenario's does it fail?

Bart