[Lazarus] Feature Request: Insert {codepage UTF8} per default

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 17:15:52 CEST 2016

On 3/31/16, Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> In my fantasy scenario the String would of course have the meaning of
>> UnicodeString.
>
> That is not anyhow better (or worse) inherently than a UTF-8 based
> solution.

No, but I don't see fpc moving towards String equals AnsiString(CP_UTF8).
It would be hugely Delphi imcompatible.

For me personally Delphi compatibility does not matter at all, I have
left Delphi and won't return.
But from the fpc side, breaking compatibility in such a way is
probably going to be a big no-no.

But you are rigt, we are getting off-topic more and more.
Sorry for that.

Bart