[Lazarus] PDF generator, try 2

Thu Mar 31 18:26:02 CEST 2016

On 2016-03-31 17:13, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> I have some observations:
>>
>> . The demo print a lot of lines if the font is not found:
>>
>> Exception at 0041F4B7: EFOpenError:
>> Unable to open file "fonts\FreeSans.ttf".

I believe the loop is caused by the usage of TCustomApplication (the
previous test app didn't use TCustomApplication).

And yes, the demo requires that TTF file otherwise the text output will
not work.

>> . The PDF was generated with some wrong chars (you can download it here:
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/135304375/test.pdf):
>
> That is logical, if it cannot find the file which it tries to embed ??

I had a look at your PDF. I did not extract the embedded FreeSans font
you have embedded, so don't know the font file version, but based on its
size (264KB) it is a very old FreeSans.ttf file. The one I tested with
is 1.56MB in size.

If I must, I can extract your embedded FreeSans font to query it further
and see the version and glyph count it defines.

>> Greek: Ge?? s?? ??s
>> Polish: Witaj swiecie

This tells me your version of FreeSans.ttf doesn't have all the glyphs
the demo uses.

> "PDF was succefully generated"
>
> does not compute with
>
> "Unable to open file "fonts\FreeSans.ttf".

Indeed. :)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/