[Lazarus] PDF generator, try 2

Jesus Reyes A. jesusrmx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 23:18:54 CEST 2016

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 14:58:07 -0600, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> Synopse pdf is the reason I started fppdf. Synopse is heavily Windows
> centric, but otherwise quite capable.
>
> Fppdf is a young library (although it required many months of work)
> I am sure many improvements will be made as the reporting library
> develops.
>
> A canvas descendant that renders to pdf is planned, but not very high
> priority.
>
> Patches and suggestions are definitely welcome. The library is intended
> for
> production, so quality is important.
>
> Michael.

TPDFPage has some basic primitives for drawing: lines, rects, ellipses and
images. I don't see a way to add our own (except by patches to fpPDF of
course) but it would be nice to have some mechanism for extension, for
example if a TPdfPageClass=class of TPdfClass is defined, then there could
be a TPdfPages.AddPage overloaded with an extra argument
PageClass:TPdfPageClass, and this could be used for implementing
additional primitives? what you hink?

Regards.

Jesus Reyes A.