[Lazarus] Flexible exporter for grid-like components

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 22:24:46 CEST 2016

On 5/2/16, Werner Pamler <werner.pamler at freenet.de> wrote:

> TLaz2DTextExporter, or TCustom2DTextExporter? Or anything else?

I'm rubbish when it comes to coming up with good names ;-)

> I could give the HTMLExporter a corresponding property. But I see the
> main use case of html export in stand-alone html documents, therefore I
> disagree on the default setup (i.e. I'd name the property
> "WriteFragmentOnly" instead of "WriteFullHTML"). And how do you want to
> insert the table in your document?

I'm very old school. I'ld write it to a file, open the file then do copy-paste/

> By copy to clipboard? You must
> remember that we had constructed the "Clipboard.SetAsHtml" method such
> as to always write a complete html stream because some Office
> applications want that (http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29146,
> see also comment in front of TClipboard.SetAsHtml).

That in itself is a better argument for defaulting to a full html document.
Option like WriteFragmentOnly would be welcome though.
Note: for my own HTML editor i would need to copy the HTML code as
text to the clipboard....

Bart