[Lazarus] How TDBGrid works

Jesus Reyes A. jesusrmx at gmail.com
Sat May 7 02:03:04 CEST 2016

En Fri, 06 May 2016 16:20:41 -0500, Aradeonas <aradeonas at operamail.com>
escribió:

> Thanks.
>

> So what is the best way to provide those 100 to 1100 record at least
> without Dataset calling >AfterScroll event?
>
> I want to not make any event while scrolling my custom Grid so other
> connected DB controls change >their values otherwise while Im scrolling
> my custom grid it will cause calling all connected DB >controls to
> update their values.
>
> I hope it is more clear now.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ara

The easy one is probably to make two independent connections to the
database. More elaborated solutions would be for example copy all said
records to a memdataset and only connect that to a dbgrid, OR put the
records in a non-dataset enabled component, like a TDrawGrid or
TStringGrid, browsing that will not trigger any dataset events so other db
controls will be unaffected, etc. The problem here is I think
synchronizing stuff, you will have a funny time getting the updates to
those records into the original source.

Jesus Reyes A.