[Lazarus] How to play audio from memory.

Wed May 11 23:26:48 CEST 2016

On 2016-05-11 21:53, Donald Ziesig wrote:
> Currently I am able to do this by calling omxplayer with a file name and
> volume information.  Unfortunately, the latency between starting
> omxplayer and the beginning of the audio output is several seconds

Yes, it’s possible with the United OpenLib of Sound (UOS). Fred has
created an excellent library and it works very well. I’ve personally
tested it on multiple platforms, and so too have others. The latency is
very low when used with LCL, and even lower when used with fpGUI.

You can find the code here:
	https://github.com/fredvs/uos/

It includes a couple of example applications too.

There has been quite a few discussions of UOS with Fred in the Lazarus
Forums too.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/