[Lazarus] GDB is not good, any tricks to improve it?

Tony Whyman tony.whyman at mccallumwhyman.com
Thu May 26 10:40:58 CEST 2016

Are you using Windows or Linux (or OSX)?

In my experience, GDB runs better under Linux than Windows. Under
Windows anti-virus software will often get in the way as well as it
being generally slower.

I take Graeme's point about GDN not being that great for Pascal, but it
does work most of the time and adding a few well placed "writeln"
statements often makes up for any deficiencies (again much easier under
Linux due to the difficulty of getting a working console under Windows).
At least with Pascal you don't seem to get the regular C++ GDB problem
of "variable optimised out" just when need to get its value.

Tony Whyman