[Lazarus] ctrl-c code completion

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Nov 6 18:05:39 CET 2016

Hi,

Why does the IDE insist on reformatting existing declarations ?

I added 1 method to TStrings, press ctrl-c to do command-completion, and
it changes the headers of all methods, changing

- Function to function,

- Procedure to procedure

- and the setter in

   property Values[const Name: string]: string read GetValue write SetValue;

   is changed from

   procedure SetValue(const Name, Value: string);

   procedure SetValue(const Name : string; Const Value: string);

   Causing the compiler to generate an error...

I can appreciate that the latter is difficult to handle, but the former is
really annoying. An svn diff consists out of 90%+ junk after that :/

Michael.