[Lazarus] Help System with Chromium Embedded component

Lars noreply at z505.com
Tue Nov 8 03:39:33 CET 2016

On Sun, November 6, 2016 1:18 pm, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
> If anybody things installing 300MB just to get some lousy help for a
> small 1MB application is acceptable,

Maybe CEF needs a lite version.  I am guessing that chromium embedded
pulls in a lot of unused code that is not needed for most cef embededded
browser apps.

Would be nice if there was a CEF (chromium embedded) lite which was only,
maybe 10MB. Obviously, I'd prefer a 100KB option over even a 10MB
option....

300MB seems awfully like bloatware to me..  is it really 300MB to ship the
latest CEF 3? I haven't checked.  Even if it was 110MB that's still too
large.