[Lazarus] Help System with Chromium Embedded component

Lars noreply at z505.com
Tue Nov 8 03:51:06 CET 2016

On Mon, November 7, 2016 12:25 pm, vfclists . via Lazarus wrote:
> I mean the latest thing now is
> WebAssembly which shows how ridiculous the whole business has become.

Web assembly, if designed properly, might actually get rid of some
problems. Javascript is a large mammoth, or ugly beast. Web assembly may
allow one to for example compile freepascal code directly to byte code
that runs in the browser, instead of people using ugly obfuscated bloated
javascript "hacks".

It's sort of like a JVM bytecode, but for the web browser. Or a .net
bytecode. I don't fully know what web assembly intends to be, as it's not
completed yet fully, but, it may actually get rid of some of the
javascript bloated crap out there.

Lots of people may in fact ignore webassembly and continue to use
javascript. God forbid.

> It
> is not a fault on Lars end that he sees CEF as the best way to provide
> help. It is just the way things are.

Not necessarily the best, because of the large dependency..

If CEF (chromium embedded) offered a lite version that was only 2MB to
ship with an exe, or 500KB then it may in fact be a good solution for
help..