[Lazarus] ctrl-c code completion

Tue Nov 8 14:49:16 CET 2016

On 2016-11-08 13:14, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus wrote:
> In this case codetools don't have enough information. Because it does
> not know the former connection.

By why does it work if I do them one at a time. eg: Change the first
interface declaration and do code completion. Change the second
interface declaration and do code completion. That works.

But doing them at the same time it doesn't.

So in the first case, CodeTools somehow knows the connection, even
though the interface and implementation declarations don't match (until
code completion is invoked). It then magically knows which
implementation declaration to update.

So why would CodeTools not know the connection when both interface
declarations are updated at the same time?  I don't know how CodeTools
works, but I would imagine it has some memory lookup (line numbers)
where interface declaration xyz has an implementation at line 123. So
when the declaration xyz changes (by the developer), go to line 123 and
change it there too?

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/