[Lazarus] Help System with Chromium Embedded component

Lars noreply at z505.com
Wed Nov 9 05:48:31 CET 2016

On Tue, November 8, 2016 9:36 am, Werner Pamler via Lazarus wrote:
> Am 08.11.2016 um 15:56 schrieb Martok via Lazarus:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I may have missed this point in the discussion, but would it not make
>> more sense to get a native HTML component (either from IPro or the THTML
>> port) to the point where it can provide everything needed?
> +1

Well the reason chromium is in my line of sight, is because other people
do the work to maintain the browser for you.  Creating your own web
browser component is massive amounts of work, whereas chromium is coded by
other people.  True you have to write wrappers around it, but you also end
up with a standard component where there are already plenty of c++
examples to learn from, and you are supported by a massive team over at
chromium. Whereas writing your own browser component requires constantly
playing "catch up", implementing every feature needed which chromium had 5
years ago.

So does IPro or THtml have any large following and existing codebase to
work with? I would have to learn about these as I have not used them.