[Lazarus] Help System with Chromium Embedded component

Martok listbox at martoks-place.de
Wed Nov 9 18:52:26 CET 2016

Am 09.11.2016 um 16:02 schrieb Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus:
> On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 15:57:04 +0100
> Marco van de Voort via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>> [...]
>> The best reason to have some local (whatever how limited) widget is for IDE
>> popups of helptext instead of an external browser.

That was also one of my reasons, too. It doesn't even have to do everything
modern HTML can (on the part of the layout engine, there haven't really been
that many changes anyway), but something to view rich content (purposefully not
saying 'RichView' here...) would be good to have. HTMLHelp would really just be
one of multiple applications for it.

Am 09.11.2016 um 16:24 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus:
> The inconsistency of HTML rendering components is a real problem.
Yet another reason against the IE5 of this decade.