[Lazarus] Help System with Chromium Embedded component

Lars noreply at z505.com
Fri Nov 11 01:58:45 CET 2016

On Wed, November 9, 2016 7:57 am, Marco van de Voort via Lazarus wrote:
> The frequent updates that often break interfaces are also an headache.

This is what happened to firefox: xul runner's current state is
broken/unknown/scary. I hope the same doesn't happen to chromium.
Cef1 has some incompatibilities with cef3 but at least not as bad as the
firefox embedded xulrunner state of affairs.

> If I would replace lhelp and chm, I wouldn't go that way, but some way
> with a local webserver (for searching and the like), and just use whatever
> is installed.

A local web server as in running on port 80?

The issue I see here is what if someone has apache installed already?

The advantage of no web server at all is you have no conflicts with port
80 already running an apache instance.

But maybe I misinterpreted what you are saying.