[Lazarus] Modal windows on Cocoa

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Nov 13 19:52:54 CET 2016

Hi,

I am not sure whether this is a bug of the cocoa widgetset, or whether this
is a general limitation of the Mac.

Imagine a main form, which shows a modal form. The modal form shows a
message dialog (ShowMessage or MessageDlg, it makes no difference).

This works perfectly on Linux and Windows.

If you do this on a Mac, then the program hangs: there is no way to press
the OK button in the message dialog.

Is this a limitation of the Mac ?
I have never seen a Mac program do this kind of thing, so I could imagine
that this is a limitation, but admittedly my experience on the Mac is not
as big as on PC...

I made a small sample program to demonstrate the issue:
http://www.freepascal.org/~michael/modalbug.zip

If this is supposed to work, and it's actually a bug in the cocoa widgetset
I will post it to the bugtracker.

Michael.