[Lazarus] stale pipe workarounds

Lars noreply at z505.com
Sun Nov 20 04:50:45 CET 2016

Hi while researching help systems I came across the code which uses IPC to
communicate and see that people are adding stale pipe work arounds.

So this can't be resolved in the ipc code itself and must be in the
application?  Just wondering why these work arounds are needed and when
they occur. The stale pipe code work around is at

https://github.com/graemeg/lazarus/blob/upstream/components/chmhelp/packages/help/lhelpcontrol.pas

So does anyone who uses IPC have to be aware of this and add the work
around to all ipc code in all applications?  Or it only happens in certain
cases? It just makes me scared that there is this hack/fix needed.