[Lazarus] Clarification about VirtualTreeView repositories (lazarus-ccr/virtualtreeview-new deprecation)

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Tue Nov 22 18:44:17 CET 2016

Am 22.11.2016 um 18:28 schrieb Luiz Americo Pereira Camara via Lazarus:
> Currently there are three repositories of VirtualTreeView LCL port.
>
> In Lazarus-CCR:
>
> virtualtreeview: first port, long unmaintained
> virtualtreeview-new: original repository of the current port
>
> In GitHub:
> https://github.com/blikblum/VirtualTreeView-Lazarus : active
> repository of current port
>
> Some history how we got that:
> http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,26581.msg174292.html#msg174292
>
> In order to bring some sanity, i added a note in the
> Lazarus-CCR/virtualtreeview-new repository about its deprecation.The
> idea is to remove in the near future. The development history, for any
> need, will be kept at
> https://github.com/blikblum/VirtualTreeView-Lazarus-History
>
> I don't own rights about of Lazarus-CCR/virtualtreeview repository so
> not comfortable in taking any decision about it. I will let for
> Lazarus-CCR admins decide what to do with it

Luiz, I like your idea to add a non-commented hint to the main source
file. So every user will get notified at compilation that he is using an
unsupported version.

Shouldn't we do the same with
- ZVDateTimeCtrls (in in Lazarus/components/DateTimeCtrls
- csvdocument (is in fpc sources/packages(fp-base)
- lclextension (belongs to VTV somehow) ?

There are other folders such as acs, kontrols, htmlport, and probably
some more which seem to have active maintainers somewhere on github as
well. What to do with them?