[Lazarus] TPageControl OnChange calling issue

Michael W. Vogel m-w-vogel at gmx.de
Tue Oct 4 13:28:44 CEST 2016

Am 03.10.2016 um 22:53 schrieb Bart via Lazarus:
> OT reply: I can't see you on contributors list?
>
> Bart

No, I'm sorry, I'm not a Lazarus developer.

>> If I understand Bart right, he had a fix for that bug report,
> Not yet ;-)
>
> Bart
Ah, OK. I inserted the solution from Ondrej in my current project and it
really seems to be the better approach. If there is no other opinion to
that topic, you can ignore my initial hint.

Now, there is only the gap of Lazarus and Delphi compatibility versus
Lazarus consistency.
I don't know, how many other Lazarus user use the TPageControl.OnChange
event in the same manner as I do. If no one else, there is no barrier to
change it to Delphis behaviour ;)

Offtopic: Maybe is Delphis behaviour not really consistent. For example,
TEdit.OnChange is fired, if the TEdit.Text is changed by user or code.

Kind regards

Michl