[Lazarus] Teaching Pascal at College

Adrian De Armas adearmas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 20:10:50 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,
I am a professor of "introduction to programming". Currently we are working
with matlab and c.

Today I had a meeting about doing the module more interesting to the
students. Currently we teach algorithms making console applications and
usually I receive questions like "Why don't we do something more modern?".

I recommended that we should use Pascal in General and Lazarus in
particular to teach how to create rich GUI Applications and to my surprise
the idea was well recieved. Now I have to make suggestions about how to
prepare the module starting from zero. Students do not know how to program
and I need to include subjects as: variable declaration, operations, if,
while, for, functions and procedure, arrays and multidimensional arrays.

I would love to know what you think about making the transition from
console to GUI.
This is an exciting opportunity I'd love to make it right.

Regards