[Lazarus] LCL Cocoa: Overriding delegate protocols

Zoë Peterson zoe at scootersoftware.com
Thu Oct 13 18:13:08 CEST 2016

I need to handle some delegate protocols in our application layer, which
will require overriding things that the LCL Cocoa layer already
implements in classes like TCocoaWindow.

In the Carbon interface, the equivalent was fairly easy, since
TCarbonWSCustomForm.CreateHandle just creates a TCarbonWindow and passes
it back, so it's trivial to implement a new CreateHandle that returns my
descendant.  TCocoaWSCustomForm.CreateHandle, on the other hand, creates
a TCocoaWindow and then does a bunch of extra work to set that window up.

I'd really rather not duplicate the entirety of TCocoaWS*.CreateHandle,
especially since the interface is still immature.  It seems like the fix
would be to move all of the CreateHandle code into a method in
TCocoaWindow (possibly init), and if that's the case, we can certainly
look into a patch to do that, but I'd like some direction from the devs
first.

Thanks,

Zoë Peterson
Scooter Software