[Lazarus] Watch List shows absolute rubbish

Sat Oct 15 00:09:38 CEST 2016

On 2016-10-14 20:45, Martin Frb via Lazarus wrote:
> Ok, thats a first, never seen that before.

I finally found the cause of the problem. I don’t use build modes in
Lazarus, so only ever looked at the “Project Options -> Compiler Options
-> Compilation and Linking” screen. That’s where I set the -O- option,
and I also set other debugging options in the “Compiler Options ->
Debugging” screen, like the -gl and -gh options.

What I didn’t realize was that inside “Compiler Options -> Additions and
Overrides”, there was a “Stored in IDE” custom option (there are
actually a few defined), and one of the active options was -O2. And that
optimisation option is what caused all the trouble.

Lovely conflicting options with no warning. Personally I think the
Compiler Options screens in Lazarus is a huge confusing mess. The IDE
dialog designers should take some cues from MSEide’s Project Options
dialog. In MSEide all build/make option are located in one place/screen
with an instant overview of all build modes. What you see is what you
get. No hidden settings from other screens.

Anyway. Thank you very much Martin for taking the time in trying to help
me. I apologise for my heated messages from earlier. At that point I
wasted so many hours, and were at boiling point for some time. That
probably wasn’t the best time to write a message either.

Regards,
  Graeme