[Lazarus] How to use strings properly with fixes_1_6 and FPC 3.0.0?

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Fri Oct 21 16:15:02 CEST 2016

Am 2016-10-21 um 13:23 schrieb Gabor Boros via Lazarus:
 > I will know if somebody describe what a difference between á and an á characters in two points of my program.

The problem is, that Unicode has a code point for "á" but
also allows to compose this characters by having an "a"
and an "´" printed over each over.
I will never understand why this was allowed because
I thought that Unicode was intruduced to overcome such
issues by defining a huge number of code points directly.

Nevertheless, if you have such a situation then you cannot
search for a byte sequence as there are 2 possible representations
of the same character.

I have given up on taking care about such composed characters
and assume that all Unicode strings are normalized.