[Lazarus] Help System with Chromium Embedded component

Lars noreply at z505.com
Mon Oct 24 01:34:30 CEST 2016

Now that I think about my post about using chromium embedded for a help
engine, the issue I see is that it's a large dependency .. so for small
applications that are say 1MB large, and you want to supply a help system
with it... all of a sudden the 1mb exe has to be shipped with a gazillion
other files that wouldn't be needed with a more simple format.

Still, I think I will try to release a help system for powtils using
chromium embedded, as an offline experiment with CGI (no web server
needed). However this will take time, and I almost feel like I posted that
chromium idea drunk, even though I was not drinking.