[Lazarus] Chromium embedded on freebsd or firefox embedded

Lars noreply at z505.com
Mon Oct 24 01:49:00 CEST 2016

On Sat, October 22, 2016 4:59 am, José Mejuto via Lazarus wrote:
> Hello,
> Yes XulRunner is being replaced by GeckoSDK, but the main difference is
> that XulRunner had an stable API (frozen) and some semi-stable APIs, so
> most base functions for embed are stable. This is now longer available in
> GeckoSDK where nothing is frozen, API can change from release to
> release and the only way to embed it is writing a C code that generates a
> plain C interface that must link against a moving target.

I see! You certainly are very knowledgeable about the subject and have
done a lot of research on it. Now it makes sense to me more.

This api that continually changes, reminds me of MySQL. I wrote web
programs only to find out they broke, when mysql changed their API, and
then freepascal had to release a newer file that linked to the DLL. It's a
nightmare when api continually changes.

I can see them (firefox) changing the architecture to support multiprocess

> I'll try later to find the relevant links I had found in the past about
> this topic, found after spending a lot of hours trying to make morend
> XulRunners work embedded in Lazarus.

Your knowledge on the subject is significant! Thanks.

More information about the Lazarus mailing list