[Lazarus] How to use strings properly with fixes_1_6 and FPC 3.0.0?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Oct 24 15:09:26 CEST 2016

On Mon, 24 Oct 2016 14:35:28 +0200
Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

>[...] but even trying to find out a very short information is identical is not
decently possible.
>[...]
> I meant to point out exactly this ambiguity:
>
> identically coded vs. identically looking (e.g. combining codepoints),
> vs identical presumed letters if looking differently (ligatures), ...

About "identically coded":
That is "decently possible" - simple string/byte comparison.

About "identically looking":
I guess you mean composed vs decomposed form. That is converting normal
forms. There are functions to normalize, but the information is
scattered and it would be nice if someone would write a page.

About "ligatures":
I guess you mean "collation". Same problem. Needs better documentation.

Basically you are asking for various compare and normalization
functions. These functions exist.

Mattias