[Lazarus] Teaching Pascal at College

Travis Ayres trayres at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 18:11:34 CEST 2016

With over 100 replies, we could have already written a course outline,
introduction, and some notes about events and RAD programming, maybe also
the observer pattern?

On Oct 24, 2016 3:51 AM, "Jürgen Hestermann via Lazarus" <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

Am 2016-10-24 um 12:20 schrieb Michael Schnell via Lazarus:
> On 21.10.2016 11:09, Jürgen Hestermann via Lazarus wrote:
>> What is the use of a program? Entertainment?
> Nowadays in 90% of the usage exactly this.
> Maybe other usage cases are more "important", but still the money is made
with Entertainment.

There may be a misunderstanding:
I did not ask whether the *purpose* of a program is entertainment
but whether *programming* it has to be entertainment?
The aim of programming should be to get a program running
(as the programmer wants it) not to spend time with
juggling gaudy pictures, icons and videos.

In the end, it is somehow "entertaining" if a program works
but this requires knowledge about how the programming language works.
Ignoring all facts will never lead to a satisfying programming experience.