[Lazarus] Online Package Manager

Lars noreply at z505.com
Sun Oct 30 22:43:34 CET 2016

On Fri, October 28, 2016 12:20 am, Balázs Székely via Lazarus wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We have made considerable progress with the online package manager. Next
> week the central repository will be populated with 30+ packages. Here is a
>  short video(please watch it in 700p).
>
> https://youtu.be/y_hT8u2u5bU
>

> Suggestions are welcome.

Now all that is needed is something like Torry.net which indexes and
offers search for all the components.  This is something that has kept me
using delphi/lazarus instead of Visual C++, as visual C++ has absolutely
nothing for websites offering components... I have no clue where msvc
users get their components from, they seem to roll their own or use
codeproject.com

The current lazarus code repository on sourceforge and spread about
throughout the wiki is good, but a website like torry.net that centrally
indexes the stuff would be great. In fact I was interested in working on
such a project at one time but paid projects were more of a priority so I
put it on the back burner.

Also, interesting that Torry still has no real lazarus section AFAIK...
it's almost as if torry doesn't much care about fpc/lazarus. There were
rumors that they were going to add it at some point; not sure whatever
happened.