[Lazarus] How to use strings properly with fixes_1_6 and FPC 3.0.0?

Rolf Grunsky rgrunsky at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 30 23:50:28 CET 2016

On 10/30/2016 06:15 PM, Lars wrote:
> Off topic, off list, but..
>
>> --
>> TRUTH in her dress finds facts too tight.
>> In fiction she moves with ease.
>> Stray Birds by Rabindranath Tagore
>

> What does this mean?
> Something about this:
> http://www.the-niceguy.com/articles/Nutballs.html
>
> The only thing I can think of is a woman wearing a dress, that is tight,
> and is incapable of processing facts. I double take on complicated english
> quotations.

Yah, it's way off topic but I'll bite just this once.

It's poetry. It's not to be taken literally. If your native language is
not English, it may give you some problems.

For the record, Rabindranath Tagore was an Indian writer. The quote is
from his book "Stray Birds".

What this couplet is saying is that sometimes it is easier to use a
fictional account to express something true. As I've said it is poetry,
these are metaphors, figures of speech. I find much of Tagore's language
very beautiful. We've chosen another Tagore "Stray Bird" as the epitaph
on our grave marker.

Here are a couple more from "Stray Birds":

The mind, sharp but not broad, sticks at every point but does not move.

and

A mind all logic is like a knife all blade.
It makes the hand bleed that uses it.

There are many more...