[Lazarus] IDE Docking windows and Editor Toolbar

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Wed Sep 21 13:44:35 CEST 2016

On 21.09.2016 18:32, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 12:21:12 +0100
> Graeme Geldenhuys <mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Manually copying my Editor Toolbar configuration from desktop1 to
>> desktop2 - now my IDE has docked windows and the editor toolbar I so
>> like. :)
>>
>> I presume this is a bug with Anchor Docking - not copying over certain
>> settings to desktop2.
> Even without copying. You should be able to show the toolbar and
> add buttons without editing the xml. I wonder, why it works here, but
> not for you.

IMO this is a misunderstanding. As far as I see from Graeme's
screenshots the toolbar is there and works but is empty. Graeme please
see http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29742 point 2, especially the
"why" section.

So the only problem is that there is no default layout for AnchorDocking.

Ondrej