[Lazarus] Launching External Tool Cmd.exe in Windows

Lars noreply at z505.com
Thu Sep 22 23:13:11 CEST 2016

On Thu, September 22, 2016 2:38 am, shoKwave wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I simply tried putting a TProcess and a TButton on a form and used
> following code
>
> procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); begin
> Process1.ApplicationName:='c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe';
> Process1.Execute;
> end;
>
> Works for me on a Win10 32bit machine with FPC 3.0.0 and Lazarus 1.6.

To clarify I meant the external tools in the IDE that allow you to launch
a tool from the IDE tools menu...
i.e. not actual lazarus coding, but a tool to launch from the IDE. Most
text editors have this feature, lazarus has really good access to lots of
macros that fill in values.

For some reason cmd.exe /k doesn't launch the command line from lazarus
external tools in the menu. /k option keeps the command line window open