[Lazarus] TImage shows loaded image rotated by 90?

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Mon Sep 26 14:46:40 CEST 2016

>> I have created small Exif reader for my own needs.
>> I have looked also in FCL TFPReaderJpeg (which uses pasjpeg) if there
>> is no support, but I do not see.
>> If there would be interest for extending functionality of this reader
>> to support reading of Exif information I can prepare patch.
>
> There is interest :)

Hm, looking deeper into TFPCustomImageReader architecture intention of
such readers is constitute TFPCustomImage.
Now I am not sure where metadata (Exif) should go ? (As far as
TFPCustomImage holds only true image data)

I can extend TFPReaderJpeg, by adding boolean option ("ReadExif") either
to constructor or as a standalone property, which will signal to reader
if read also this kind of data.
If set to true then in "InternalRead" I can read from supplied stream
and store them in record inside TFPReaderJpeg ... so user must ask
reader later to obtain exif data

Or do not touch TReaderJpeg and add only new "helper" class which will
read from supplied stream exif data (just as in source which I have
attached to my prior mail)

What do you prefer ?

-Laco.