[Lazarus] Online Package Manager

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 10:29:51 CEST 2017

31.3.2017 22.38 "Alexey via Lazarus" <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>
kirjoitti:

IMO benefit will be. it is "easier to maintain". Each developer which wants
to send json,
makes GH acc, then clones OPM repo, then sends pull req. No emails. Zip can
be send in GH post.

I don't think so. There is lot's of unjustified hype around Git and GitHub.
People claimed the whole Lazarus development process would improve and we
would get more contributions by using them. No, actually the GitHub process
is much more complex than our current nice bug tracker + patches etc.

I would like the OPM stay agnostic for the source hosting services.

Juha