[Lazarus] Opening file in editor window if it's loaded in another editor window

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Tue Apr 11 18:41:28 CEST 2017

Am 2017-04-11 um 18:18 schrieb Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus:
 > On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 17:39:13 +0200
 > Jürgen Hestermann via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
 >> I have 2 editor windows ("Source Editor" and ""Source Editor (2)"
 >> and have loaded "Unit1.pas" in both of these windows.
 >> After I have now (inadvertently) closed "Unit1.pas" in "Source Editor"
 >> I cannot load it again with "File Open".
 >> It just happens nothing.

 > It should focus the "Unit1.pas" in "Source Editor (2)".

No, it does just nothing.
Focus is on the IDE afterwards (not on an editor window).

 > To open the unit a second time you have to use "Clone to other window".

Yepp, this works.
Although it took me a while to find out that this function
can only be found after a right click on the file name tab
(even though I already used it before but only once).
It seems not in the main menu somewhere, or is it?

I thought that "opening" a file while in an editor (windows)
should open the file in the current editor window
independently from other editor windows.