[Lazarus] String vs WideString

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 22:41:34 CEST 2017

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 7:41 PM, Bo Berglund via Lazarus
> And our data are NOT text, they are binary streams of bytes.

I see. Then TBytes indeed is the best choice.
You have misused "String" or "AnsiString" from the beginning for binary data.
There have always been warnings against it.
The new Lazarus Unicode system did not create the problem but made it
more visible.

Marcos Douglas however has a different problem.
Your recommendation to use RawByteString or TBytes does not apply in
his case and thus was a bit misleading.

Juha