[Lazarus] String vs WideString

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 08:01:24 CEST 2017

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 07:53:11 +0200, Bo Berglund via Lazarus

>But I have now moved on and replaced all comm related containers with
>TBytes including modifying the serial component we have used.
>(With some help from Remy Lebeau).

I forgot to mention that the problem area is located inside a non-GUI
class file for handling the communications, and this file is also used
in some programs written in FPC for Raspberry Pi target computers.
I.e. Linux and the reason for going to FPC.
So I want it to be both FPC and Delphi compatible...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden