[Lazarus] String vs WideString

Wed Aug 16 13:02:33 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-16 11:05, Juha Manninen via Lazarus wrote:
> Unfortunately many other programmers had the same wrong idea or they
> were just lazy. The result anyway is a lot of broken UTF-16 code out
> there.

Yeah, I see that even in commercial products and projects. It's very sad
to see. Hence I always promote UTF-8, and you can't get it wrong as
easily as UTF-16. No endianess to worry about, no surrogate pairs and
UTF-8 is ready for streaming (network or disk) out of the box.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/