[Lazarus] fpReport released

Mon Aug 21 01:38:16 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-20 21:16, Andreas Frieß via Lazarus wrote:
> The freetype dll searched by the fpreport was freetype-6.dll, but the
> actual freetype-2.3.5-1-bin.zip has only a freetype6.dll. (Renaming is
> not a problem for me)

It seems FreeType has some inconsistencies with its releases and naming
of the DLL. I have copies of freetype-6.dll, freetype6.dll and
freetype.dll - all version 6 and all downloaded from somewhere on the
Internet.

I guess the one good thing is that there is a fpReport TODO item to
remove the freetype*.dll dependencies for Windows in the future. That is
already possible with the AggPas exporter, but in that specific case I
prefer the freetype usage as it generates better text via AggPas and has
more features that the Windows Font API supports.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/