[Lazarus] fpReport -> Lazarus reportdsg.lpr

Mon Aug 21 10:50:21 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-21 09:18, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
> The '../demos/fonts' and other hardcoded values are maybe not really
> a good idea:)

For the life of me, I couldn't think of another solution. eg: you might
have a headless reporting CGI app and needs to look for fonts in a
specific location, not the general "fonts" directories of the system.

But yes, the hard-coded paths like....

    gTTFontCache.SearchPath.Add('/usr/share/fonts/truetype/....');

isn't ideal. Especially if you consider the inconsistency between Linux
distros, and the fact that FreeBSD uses /usr/local/share/fonts/ instead
of /usr/share/fonts/

But again, unless we extend the IFDEFs for most used OSes, I couldn't
think of a better solution.

What if we introduce a global (or user-defined)
~/.config/fpreport/fpreport.ini file that specifies default font search
paths for our specific reporting needs - per system? But then again,
isn't that what the standardised $HOME/.fonts/ is for?

Sorry, just thinking out loudly. ;-)

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/