[Lazarus] fpReport -> Lazarus reportdsg.lpr

Mon Aug 21 11:11:34 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-21 09:54, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
> These problems will only occur if you're using non-standard fonts.

What if you wanted "self contained reports" eg like the demos in
fpReport where we use fonts that are not available on all systems. eg:
Windows doesn't come standard with DejaVu. Other Linux distros and
FreeBSD doesn't come standard with the Ubuntu font.

> If you recall, I wanted to analyse /etc/fonts/fonts.conf on unix.
> (not sure if that is used on FreeBSD)

Yes, FreeBSD uses that too, but again, it is located in the
user-installed apps location... /usr/local/etc/fonts/

Looking at that file here (again, not sure how Linux distro compare or
differ), but there are <dir>.... </dir> tags in the beginning of the
fonts.conf file. Simply adding those to fpTTF's search path should
already go a long way. That should be pretty easy to add.

<!-- Font directory list -->

	<dir>/usr/local/share/fonts</dir>
	<dir>/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts</dir>
	<dir prefix="xdg">fonts</dir>
	<!-- the following element will be removed in the future -->
	<dir>~/.fonts</dir>

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/