[Lazarus] fpReport -> Lazarus reportdsg.lpr

Mon Aug 21 11:49:52 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-21 10:35, Andreas Frieß via Lazarus wrote:
> It is possible to use a standard font and give a warning instead of fire
> an exception.
>
> Eg. Font xxxx not found, using standardfont instead .... ?

I don't like that. First, how are you going to display the warning?
Remember fpReport was designed to be able to run from console or
headless servers too, not just desktop apps. Secondly, how are you going
to substitute the font? Which font will you choose, and how will you
make that choice? Using equivalent font metrics values, simply by name,
some random standard font that might make your report look crap? My
personal opinion - I like to see a report the way I designed it or not
at all (until I fixed what was missing or broken).

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/