[Lazarus] Debugger constantly crashing.

Donald Ziesig donald at ziesig.org
Sun Aug 27 21:51:52 CEST 2017

Hi All,

I have been having trouble debugging some simple programs using Lazarus
1.9 with FPC 3.0.2 on Linux Mint 18.

When I move my mouse over certain variables the debugger crashes with
error messages similar to:

The GDB command:
"-data-evaluate-expression CQ2WORLDDM.CQWORLDDATA^"
did not return any result.

The only thing that seems to be consistent with all of the crashes is
that the expression being evaluated is dereferencing a pointer.  (I
might be wrong about this; I just don't recall any other cases).

This is really frustrating.  At the point where I think I am getting
close to finding the bug, the debugger crashes :'(.  Its especially
frustrating when I happen to move the cursor over something that I am
not interested in and crash!

Has anyone else seen this and come up with a solution, or should I
create a bug report?

Thanks,

Don Ziesig